Monday 6 July 2009

A Little Light Reading

A little light reading

I haven't seen any books I wanted to read in charity shops for ages and ages and then just as I cave and submit an order to Amazon what do I see not one book but six in a British Heart Foundation shop.
Elizabeth George writes the Inspector Lynley mysteries. Although I enjoyed the TV series I had no desire to seek out the books but couldn't really resist a 10p charity shop bargain a few months ago. Well now I'm hooked, Elizabeth George writes beautifully and the depth of her characterization far surpasses the TV adaptations. Can't wait to get tucked into these three.
I've been reading Anne Granger's Mitchell and Marksby mysteries ever since one of her books was given away free with a magazine. I've never paid full price for any of her books they are enjoyable but with so many favourite authors on the list she is one who I economise with.
I'm addicted to historical who dunnits! I discovered Bernard Knight and his Crowner mysteries while suffering withdrawal symtoms from Susanna Gregory (why can't authors write fast enough?).Our "dectective" is Sir John de Wolfe, Devon's first county coroner and it's all set in the time of Richard the Lionheart.
I've never read any Alys Clare but it's a medieval mystery so it should keep me quiet for a while!

(Frst posted June 2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment