Monday 6 July 2009

More Reading from June 2007

I mentioned in my last post that I had just sent an order to Amazon, well it has arrived and I have another two books for summer reading.
Regular visitors to Willow House will know that the whole family enjoys Susanna Gregory's Matthew Bartholomew series, The Tarnished Chalice is the 12th chronicle and apparently we will find Bartholomew, Brother Michael and Cynric in Lincoln. I'll have to wait to find out about this one, Alexander has already run off with it.
And I better be quick with Simon Brett's The Stabbing in The Stables or he will have run off with that before I get a chance to read it first. Love these Fethering Mysteries as do the reviewers just look at some of the reviews -
"Simon Brett writes the kind of good whodunnits that could have been written fifty years ago ... and he has a sly sense of humour" The Times
"This is lovely stuff, as comforting - and as unputdownable - as a Sussex cream tea. More please" Brighton Evening Argus
"For readers who like their crime told elegantly and light-heartedly, with a wit which bubbles throughout plot and narrative ... pure pleasure from beginning to end" Birmingham Post
"Crime writing just like in the good old days, and perfect entertainment" Guardian
"Simon Brett writes stunning detective stories ... I would recommend them to anyone" Jilly Cooper
I'm with Jilly Cooper on this I'd recommend The Fethering Mysteries to anyone starting with The Body on The Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment